Sunday, April 3, 2011

Eloping from Solitude

I have experienced in the past the necessity of running away from the solitude of being alone. The pain and discomfort of spending time with me was deep, my heart ached with despair, my mind was tangled with confusion and the loud silence around me harassed my soul. I was indeed going through a rough time and had no peace whatsoever within.

Fortunately those days are over now, and the awareness of getting to know myself and loving me for who I really am, detached the fear of solitude.

It is a sad place to be and I can sense now, that what I felt some others do as well, in a lighter or heavier way than me. For all of you that are going through a similar experience, I say, eloping from it won’t solve the problem. We must embrace and accept our fears and so, give meaning to our own self.

It is often impossible for our minds to understand what purpose certain events have in our life. But there are no random events, all is for a reason, thus being stuck in issues won’t let us be free from them. What happens refers to a suchness of the moment, which is as it is. What we can do is take action and be aligned with what is, the present moment, and forge a nonresistance relationship with it.

I found this wise quote that can pretty much show what it is on my mind today:

“Being solitary is being alone well: being alone luxuriously immersed in doings of your own choice, aware of the fullness of your own presence rather than of the absence of others, because solitude is an achievement.”Alice Koller

Sometimes we decide to go on hilarious trips to change scenery, or fill all our spare time surrounded by people in order to avoid being by our own, or even create an imaginary parallel reality of what is actually going on, this may help at a certain point, but what we really need to focus on is in the advantage of being lonely to connect with ourselves.

The outside silence is an opportunity to hear our inner voice, our needs or emotions. We are so immersed in the madness of the stressful world we live in that we do not stop to see what is going on with our own little private world.

This doesn't mean that by avoiding the world, we will attain clarity and simplicity, but our mind do needs some silent meditation. So if you are in a sad moment, just remain quiet, ease your mind. Discover the harmony in your own being. Embrace it.

1 comment:

  1. Silence is the languaje of the Soul.
    Being alone is the original state of the Soul.

    Best Regards!!!!

    Yoyo

    ReplyDelete